Welcome to October's round up!
As we approach the first half-term break, how are you all doing? Well I hope!
A special welcome if you have just joined me on my newsletter-writing journey!
My podcast published at the end of September is all about planning; have you listened to it yet? It is all free and is my most popular one to date! My new feature is included again: something which you can listen to with your children, for a couple of minutes, and which teaches them a feature of the French language in what I hope is an unforgettable way!
Please do let me know if there is a specific topic you would like me to talk/write about and I will gladly look into it; I aim to support you all in your work!
RESOURCES & OPPORTUNITIES
- Click here for an article that is a must if you teach French: it includes so many useful links, ideas and free resources from the Teachers' French Day at the Institut Français de Londres on 6th October!
- The NPLS (Northern Primary Languages Show) is back again - once more in York - on Saturday 1st December. The programme is nearly complete and follows the established pattern of plenaries, workshops, exhibition , lunch, refreshments and networking. Booking is open here.
- In case you missed it: here is a new British Council resource to help KS2 pupils learn about India: https://schoolsonline.britishcouncil.org/classroom-resources/list/india-education-pack
- Interested in Mandarin? Check out this project!
OPPORTUNITIES IN THE NORTH EAST OF ENGLAND
- Théâtre Sans frontières are touring again! I saw their latest show last summer and it was amazing, I can sincerely recommend it! Click here for more information.
- FREE supportive meet up for all involved in primary languages (secondary teachers welcome too!) on Monday 19th November from 4.15pm-5.30pm at St Mary's RCVA Primary School, Blackhill, Consett, DH8 8JD. This is an ALL Primary Hub event. Please email me to let me know that you are coming! There will be drinks and home-made cake!