Until I get onto Blackboard, here is what you need to know!
Monday 7th and Tuesday 8th October
- UWLP handbook for info about the course, assessment etc
- This is the book you need to get as soon as you can. They sell it at a good price in Blackwell's, including secondhand copies.
- What we focused on today: introduction a la tele.docx
- This is your homework for next week, Monday 14th October: choose a video at the right level (A1 ou A2) from TV5 Monde (tv5monde.com/langue française/apprendre le français/accéder à la rubrique "apprendre"); do the exercise(s); present it next week: play it to us then tell us in French why you chose it, a summary of what it is about, what you liked about it, what you did not like about it
- Consider joining the Alliance Française de Newcastle upon Tyne
- Consider keeping a journal in French
Here is the answer to how to say "binge" in French! (from Word Reference which is great because it puts words in context); I have heard and like the latter one best!
|Les jours de pluie, j'aime regarder des films à l'excès.|
|Les jours de pluie, j'aime enchaîner les films.|
|Les jours de pluie, je me fais un marathon de films.|
I was also asked what "informative" was in French: it is "instructif"!
About collectives for animals: we just don't have many at all! Click here for the most I could find!
Merci et à bientôt!
PLEASE NOTE: to those of you who asked me to be moved up or down a level and who mentioned not having access to Blackboard... I passed the information on to the UWLP secretary (Michelle, on the top level of the Old Library Building) on Tuesday evening, so if you have not heard anything from her please chase up (I advise you go to the office to ask) as I am afraid there is nothing else I can personally do. Bonne chance!
Monday 14th and Tuesday 21st October
Your presentations, in small groups or to the whole class.
Types of films at the cinéma: types of films and opinions
Exercice d'écoute page 119-120 du livre listening pages 119 120
Arranging a meet up exercise: trapdoor arranging a meet up
French pronunciation: vowel sounds and "on", "ou" and " oi" sounds
Using the document below to help you, write as detailed an account as you possibly can of your normal weeekly routine, then of what you actually did at the week-end. You do not have to tell the truth; you can even write about someone else!