Welcome to this month's round up!
How is it nearly time for another break? I bet you are feeling ready for it though.
If you wanted to work with me this term, I wanted to let you know my availability as I type: Thursday 23rd May (yes, there is time to snap this one!), 6th and 7th June, 14th June, and in July 12th, 18th and 19th. Click here for up-to-date information.
I have been reflecting on my use of the target language in the classroom. Have you too? Then my latest podcast may be of interest to you: click here to listen to it. The recording includes something to teach your children the phrase "faire la queue"... I know, not a very French concept ha ha!
Look out for my next email around mid-June... I will be able to share some exciting (and some sad) news!
Till then, look after yourself.
RESOURCES & OPPORTUNITIES
- I am delighted to have been invited to speak at Janet Lloyd's Primary Languages Network's annual conference in June. Find out more about it and register here!
- Click here for a short story writing competition for your pupils, run by Unuhi. Who is taking part? You have until 7th June to enter.
OPPORTUNITIES IN THE NORTH EAST OF ENGLAND
- As the newly elected secretary of the Alliance Française de Newcastle, I am keen to help develop it and to reach out to everyone in the area who loves the French language. Please send reply to this message if you would like to receive news via email and click here to like our brand new Facebook page!
- A special conference for all schools in the region to celebrate primary language learning will be held at Beamish hall Hotel on 9 July. Attendance is FREE. Some great speakers are lined up... and I will be there with my bus!! There will be a number of presentations by pupils whose teachers have taken part in intensive language learning courses in France and Spain with funding from the ERASMUS+ programme. https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/celebrating-primary-languages-tickets-57088297635
- There will be a special information session on May 22nd at County Hall, Durham for schools which wish to learn about, or apply for any level of the British Council's International School Award. the session will run from 3.45 - 5.15 p.m. Please email email@example.com to reserve a place.
- THE LANGUAGE MAGICIAN introduction session
5 June 2019 Cleethorpes twilight
More information / booking here: https://forms.ncl.ac.uk/view.php?id=4053097
- Target Language Support Group
20 June 2019, 4.30-6.00
Newcastle University King George VI building room 1.43a
with Julie Hall
Please book here: https://forms.ncl.ac.uk/view.php?id=4790751