As spring is (supposed to be) here, I wanted to share these stories with you to help celebrate it!
1) "Le secret" par Éric Battut chez Didier Jeunesse
A mouse finds an apple but wants to keep it a secret... it will not stay a secret for long though as an apple tree starts growing!
2) "Trognon et Pépin" par Bénédicte Guettier chez l'école des loisirs
Follow the lives of 2 apples on a apple tree as they try to survive but die... to come back as beautiful new apple trees! What the apples get up to is very funny, everyone will love this story!
3) "Le popo du chiot" par Jeong-Saeng Kwon &n Seung-Gak Jeong chez Le p'tit paquet
Even a dog's poo, though it may feel useless, can enable a beautiful flower to bloom! A story of hope which will appeal to children from the age of 7; the level of the language is quite high.
4) "Jardiner un jeu d'enfant" par Catherine Nuridsany & Agnès Audras chez Flammarion
This is a very child-friendly book about gardening which you could use to inspire some activities or just to look at with the children; actually they probably will want to look at it themselves too!
5) "Dix petites graines" de Ruth Brown chez Gallimard Jeunesse
This is the only book in this blog which I do not actually own... but I feel it is probably so well-known it needs no introduction!
What are your favourite? Feel free to add them to the comments!