It takes place very year in July and what a great excuse it is to do all sorts of activities! I have compiled my favourite ideas here:
- 1st port of call is the official website here; I use the French version for authenticity but you can check it in English if you want to. We use it to talk about the different tops and the countries the riders come from. We also play a video of the day’s “étape”;
- Here are some great ideas kindly shared by Janet Lloyd in her Primary Languages Network and more by Betsy Belle here;
- One of my favourite videos is the 1 jour 1 actu video as from this website they are so short and to the point;
- Another recommended video and resources about the history of Le Tour can be found here (thanks Anne Perlikowski);
- This other video can be used too (thanks Emma Taylor)
- If it is a quiz you are after, for 2017, this one was kindly provided by Katherine Smith but can be easily adapted for this year:
- If it is a story about a bike that you are after, I have the prefect one for you: click here for “L’âne Trotro fait du vélo”!
- Last but not least, Clare Seccombe shares her favourite links in this Changing Phase blog.
Please do let me know in the comments of any other essential Tour de France resources which you love! Merci!