Have a peek through my past and upcoming events
Do you need an experienced speaker in person and online? Someone who can enthuse? Click here to get in touch and discuss your conference needs and budget.
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
The list below is non-exhaustive and work in progress!
These presentations represent my areas of expertise.
You may access them and learn from them, for free, or you may need an experienced speaker to to deliver something similar to your staff or at your event - whether in person or remotely.
Do get in touch if you have any questions or need an experienced speaker.
- How authentic texts can help you cover the programmes of study at KS2 and KS3.
- Schemes of work for use at KS2.
- Using authentic resources at KS2.
- Use of authentic resources and picture books at KS2 and KS3.
- How languages support literacy.
- Switching from one language to another during our lessons and how we manage those transitions.
- Developing teachers' confidence in using some French for classroom language... and getting pupils going too!
- The amazing things you can do with just a handful of books for children!
- Engaging students with authentic stories.
- Speaking and progression using stories.
- How picture books can facilitate language learning - blog.
- The role of L1 in the languages classroom.
- Can we easily teach French pronunciation using only English words?
- Picture books: a tool to develop cultural awareness in the languages classroom.
- Exploiting a picture book.
- Make your stories sparkle.
- Vocabulary learning techniques.
- Progression within phonics and progress with phonics.
- Developing intercultural understanding through picture books.
- Puppets in the language classroom.
- You can teach (nearly) anything with a picture book.
- Female representation in picture books.
- We're in England: should we only speak English?
Listen to those who know…
Nathalie’s boundless energy and enthusiasm charmed all those who attended our online workshops which were aimed at primary school practitioners. Her easy demeanour and practical tips made the topic seem accessible to all who attended. Delegates were full of praise for her very straight forward and step by step delivery. It is wonderful to have Nathalie act as an advocate for primary language learning and to so fervently offer support for the delivery of an international perspective to learning. Translating ideas into easy to follow steps for classroom leaders to adopt is one of Nathalie’s strengths – coupled with her great personality, it makes her an inspiring speaker and one who can help transform classroom learning.
Click here to check out the Primary Languages Conference programme. What a great day we had on 6th November at the Primary Languages Conference! It was a lovely way to spend a Saturday, honest! You will find below a summary of my main takeaways. I hope they help you...
Jo Darley kindly contacted me months ago to ask me if I would be part of this event: I can't believe it has now come and gone! And what a fantastic day it was! Read on for my main takeaways from the day on Zoom. I had heard Clare say it before, but I love this...
Well there's another UK Lingua event (hosted by Durham University) over! I am proud to have been part of its organising committee for 4 years now; what a privilege it is. This year's theme was "Learning gains" - and what an inspiring theme it turned out to be for our...
I was delighted to be able to offer a workshop as part of this year's (virtual) TEDx event on 11th April 2021! Click here for for info and to register for the event. If you were there, please get in touch, I would love to speak to you about it! Nathalie
As I write this, the last time I was on a train was in March 2020 to go to Language World, the Association for Language Learning's annual conference, in Manchester. This year, the event was held online, so I attended form the comfort of my own home, between uni...
UPDATE 23rd JUNE 2021: click here for my takeaways from this wonderful conference, and for my presentation, including links to books! I am delighted to be taking part in this event on Monday 21st June 2021. You can now check the programme and book your place by...
Click here to check out the conference programme. What a great day we had on 17th October! It was a lovely way to spend most of my birthday haha! You will find below a summary of my main takeaways. I hope they help you too! My takeaways from Michael Wardle, Ofsted...
I have been a member of the PSA (Professional Speaking Association - click here for more information about it) for 3 years now but in October 2020 it was my 1st time at their annual conference. It is safe to say it won't be the last! Below are my main takeaways from...
Can you spot my name? I am delighted to be presenting alongside Michael Wardle HMI, Rachel Hawkes, Sue Cave, Clare Seccombe and Suzi Bewell at this conference which will replace last year's Northern and Southern Primary Languages Shows. Click on the programme below...