New in 2022: simple video, all in French, of me showing how to make a “galette des rois”!
The full recipe, in French, can be found here: click here for my traditional galette des rois recipe.
I had what you call an epiphany a couple of years ago (on 6th January ha ha) and realised that when talking about the “galette des rois” with my pupils it was the perfect opportunity to introduce or revisit the key phrases “j’aime/j’ai/je suis”. So here are some ideas I am going to use!
- start with an authentic story (choose one by clicking here)
- practise the key words around “galette” individually then in whole sentences with key verbs : galette vocab flashcards sentence builder
- write 3 sentences from the document above on these crown templates then cut them out and decorate them: couronne à découper
- sing “J’aime la galette”; click here for my favourite video of it
- give this template to the children so they can “make” their own galette: galette blank. They can decorate it and/or fill it with the words from the song: galette exampledocx
I am lucky enough to be able to make and take in a real “galette des rois” for my Y6 pupils (not everyone!); we can therefore “tirer la fève”, which is always fun!
Please share in the comments your favourite activity around Epiphany! Thank you!