Please feel free to use these with your children at any time. Do let me know in the comments what you are finding useful and not so useful. Please also share with me how your child is doing with their French at home!
Français session 1: an introduction to France and French
- Francophone music (to listen to just for French sounds!): Edith Piaf, Stromae, French Cancan, la ronde
- Colours in French: bleu blanc (white) rouge noir (black) jaune vert ; click here for extra colours and practice
Français session 2: basic introductions in French… with the help of a puppet theatre and many puppet friends!
- greetings: bonjour, au revoir
- saying what your name is: je m'appelle
- saying how we feel: ça va bien 🙂 , ça va mal 🙁
- kissing: a French custom!
Français session 3: let's learn about sports and do some exercise in French!
We can recognise popular sports in France: le handball; le foot; le rugby; le volley; le basket; le tennis.
We can follow instructions in French.
Sautez! Courrez! Arrêtez!
Français session 4: French nursery rhymes and children's songs
Français session 5: s atory on the French bus!
Français session 6: learning about and tasting French food!