European Day of Languages 2019 will be upon us soon!
You will most certainly want to take part in this competition run by ALL NE: European Day of Languages 2019 final. One year a Y5 pupil of mine won a £50 high street voucher. She was very proud and it was in the papers! Your pupils CAN win too!
I was lucky enough to be allocated a grant again so I could do extra activities in my Monday and Tuesday schools. Here is the lesson plan and suggested activities which I submitted: edol-2019-plan . I have found and produced (as well as a colleague of mine, thanks Lynne) the following resources to accompany it: EDOL Caillou prend l avion planning and resources airport jobs airport to photocopy . Please get in touch if you want more details about it!
You can also read below, for further inspiration:
- my top 5 books for languages days (1 or 2 blogs coming soon)
- what activities I did to celebrate in 2014
- what activities I did to celebrate in 2015
- what activities I did to celebrate in 2017 (no idea why I didn't record 2016 ha ha)
- what activities I did to celebrate in 2018
- all European Day of Languages ideas
What are YOU planning to do this year for the European Day of Languages? Please share your ideas in the comments below!
N.B. Would you like to read about books, ideas, resources and opportunities for the primary languages classroom? Then click here to receive a monthly round up of my blog (and more!) straight in your mail box!