Below are some ideas to celebrate Mothers’ Day in French, either in March (UK date) or May (date in France). Please note that if the children do not have a mother to celebrate, they can dedicate the day to anyone they love – the resources allow that.
- Click here for a video of how to make a cardboard flower (as inspired by other links below); click here for the pdf/vocabulary to go with it: vocabulary to go with the mothers day flower
- Lisa Kaler from www.petite-etoile.co.uk has kindly made this template to go with the craft and given me permission to share it: click here for Mothers Day card template Lisa Kaler
- Click here if what you are looking for is a picture book in French – you will see my recommendations, with suggestions on how you may exploit them
- Click here for a poem in French to learn, adapt, including a video and pdf for activities to go with it.
- Lisa Kaler from www.petite-etoile.co.uk has also shared with me a lovely song called “Bonne fête maman” – Click here for it Mothers Day song and words Lisa Kaler
- Click here for a video of another poem, on the Primary Languages Network YouTube channel.
- Click here for ideas from the “tête à modeler” website, including some templates for cards
- Click here for a great idea of a card that can be easily adapted to French, encouraging the use of adjectives to describe that special person (as suggested by Ceridwen Davies in LiPS)
- Click here for more fab ideas from Le blog de Madame Birtwistle
Please feel free to share other useful links in the comments below, or get in touch and ask me to include them in the blog!