No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
The list below is non-exhaustive and work in progress!
These presentations represent my areas of expertise.
You may access them and learn from them, for free, or you may want me to deliver something similar to your staff or at your event - whether in person or remotely.
Do get in touch if you have any questions.
- How authentic texts can help you cover the programmes of study at KS2 and KS3
- Schemes of work for use at KS2
- Using authentic resources at KS2
- Use of authentic resources and picture books at KS2 and KS3
- How languages support literacy
- Switching from one language to another during our lessons and how we manage those transitions
- Developing teachers' confidence in using some French for classroom language... and getting pupils going too!
- The amazing things you can do with just a handful of books for children!
- Engaging students with authentic stories
- Speaking and progression using stories
- How picture books can facilitate language learning - blog
- The role of L1 in the languages classroom
- Can we easily teach French pronunciation using only English words?
- Picture books: a tool to develop cultural awareness in the languages classroom
- Exploiting a picture book
- Make your stories sparkle
- Vocabulary learning techniques
- Progression within phonics and progress with phonics
- Developing intercultural understanding through picture books
- Puppets in the language classroom
- You can teach (nearly) anything with a picture book
- Female representation in picture books
- We're in England: should we only speak English?
Nathalie’s boundless energy and enthusiasm charmed all those who attended our online workshops which were aimed at primary school practitioners. Her easy demeanour and practical tips made the topic seem accessible to all who attended. Delegates were full of praise for her very straight forward and step by step delivery. It is wonderful to have Nathalie act as an advocate for primary language learning and to so fervently offer support for the delivery of an international perspective to learning. Translating ideas into easy to follow steps for classroom leaders to adopt is one of Nathalie’s strengths – coupled with her great personality, it makes her an inspiring speaker and one who can help transform classroom learning.
Our Derwent Valley Literary Festival was back from 21st till 30th June and I was telling stories at Consett Library on Wednesday 26th June at 9.30am. The bus and I were also at the Winlaton Community Centre all day on Sunday 30th June for a family event! Click here...
Primary Languages Network 2019 Conference: "All aboard!" on Thursday 27th June 2019 in Lymm. I attended in 2017 as a delegate and loved going back... and presenting this time! It was an amazing and inspiring day.
UK Lingua, a languages conference where primary, secondary and university practitioners all meet up and share ideas, was back on 27th and 28th April 2019. The theme was "Culture in the language classroom". I am one of the organisers and it was a lovely conference......
Language World 2019, the ALL's national conference, on 22nd and 23rd March 2019. I was privileged enough to be there and present again too. Click here to read (and hear, with a podcast) all about it in my blog!
We had another great Spanish Day in Durham on 16th March 2019: click here to read mine and Penny's presentation about the use of the target language in the classroom.
The NPLS (Northern Primary Languages Show) was back - once more in York - on Saturday 1st December 2018. It followed the established pattern of plenaries, workshops, exhibition , lunch, refreshments and networking. Click here for more my presentation and takeaways.
ALL Primary Hub: a FREE and supportive meeting of people with an interest and/or role in primary languages. All welcome! I run these meetings as a volunteer for the Association for Language Learning: please click here to check the primary section of their website and...
French Day at the Institut Français in London, Saturday 6th October 2018: this event was sold out. Click here for my presentation and takeaways.
"You can teach (nearly) anything with a picture book!" - click here for my presentation and notes. If you attended the live on 31st July, I can only apologise for the poor quality of my internet connection. I think it could not cope with the number of you lovely...