The list below is non-exhaustive and work in progress!
These presentations represent my areas of expertise.
You may access them and learn from them, for free, or you may want me to deliver something similar to your staff or at your event - whether in person or remotely.
Do get in touch if you have any questions.
- How authentic texts can help you cover the programmes of study at KS2 and KS3
- Schemes of work for use at KS2
- Using authentic resources at KS2
- Use of authentic resources and picture books at KS2 and KS3
- How languages support literacy
- Switching from one language to another during our lessons and how we manage those transitions
- Developing teachers' confidence in using some French for classroom language... and getting pupils going too!
- The amazing things you can do with just a handful of books for children!
- Engaging students with authentic stories
- Speaking and progression using stories
- How picture books can facilitate language learning - blog
- The role of L1 in the languages classroom
- Can we easily teach French pronunciation using only English words?
- Picture books: a tool to develop cultural awareness in the languages classroom
- Exploiting a picture book
- Make your stories sparkle
- Vocabulary learning techniques
- Progression within phonics and progress with phonics
- Developing intercultural understanding through picture books
- Puppets in the language classroom
- You can teach (nearly) anything with a picture book
- Female representation in picture books
- We're in England: should we only speak English?
Quick access and overview:
- episode 10: visit to Montreuil 2018 (book fair)
- episode 11: worth paying for!
- episode 12: using picture books
- episode 13: target language use
- episode 14: culture in the classroom
- episode 15: using blindfolds/eye masks
- episode 16: in the teacher’s bag…
- episode 17: using puppets
- episode 18: phonics
- episode 19: 5 years of the French bus